These days, shutters (most of the time also known as a roller blind or just blind) are considered an integral part of modern generation furniture.
Shutters have replaced those outdated curtains and set a new example of smart furniture that requires less space if compared to any traditional or ordinary type of curtains.
A window shutter is basically a stable and solid covering made for the window that most of the time comes with a frame, horizontal rails, and vertical slits. To your knowledge, blinds can be used for more than one reason. However, some of those reasons that count the most are that shutters provide safety, privacy, and also security.
Not just that but, shutters are the furniture that protects you from adverse weather conditions at the same time. Over the last few years, it has also been used to give a modern, elegant, and eye-catching touch to the interiors.
Types of shutters:
Different types of shutters depend upon more than one factor, such as based on material, function, operation, places there are used, and so on.
- Based on Material
- MS rolling shutter – This type of blind is made up of high-quality steel rods and can be easily integrated with the grill. MS rolling shutters are quite easy to install. You can also integrate with perforated panels in order to get the required see-through and/or ventilation.
- Aluminum rolling shutter – As the name itself suggests, Aluminium Rolling Shutter is made from strong aluminum. It is built by using superior and high-grade quality aluminum, which makes them the most suitable type for weather resistance shutter.
- Polycarbonate rolling shutter – Polycarbonate shutters are most of the time also known as transparent shutters due to their transparency characteristics. However, it’s not suited for your budget because it is expensive.
- Based on the Operation of Shutter
- Automatic Rolling Shutter – Automatic rolling shutter is what the name suggests. This type of shutter represents the 21st-century smart shutter that can be rolled up or down with a remote control or mobile phone itself.
- Push-Pull Rolling Shutter – When the area is less, and there is hardly any space, a push-pull rolling shutter comes in handy. It’s a very basic type of shutter, in short. You might like the push-pull shutter because of its cost-effectiveness.
- Mechanical Gear shutter – Mechanical ones are widely used in stores as a strong protection. It can be said a semi-auto shutter as you can easily open or close down the shutter just by pulling the chain but not remotely. Thus, the name “semi-auto shutter.”
The Best Shutters
With such a huge variety in shutters, especially the rolling shutters, it is obvious to ask which one is the best and which one should I buy? Frankly speaking, each and every single type of shutter mentioned above is best depending upon how, where, and why you are using it.
For instance, the polycarbonate rolling shutters suit the best if you want to give an eye-catching look to your window. However, it might not be the best option for those who want’ affordable blinds. In short, you must choose the right type of shutter depending upon your needs.