The real estate industry today is extremely competitive. There are more than 106,000 real estate agents working in the United States. Standing out from your competition has never been more important. How do you do get noticed by potential home buyers and sellers? We have a few suggestions:
Marketing tips for real estate agents
- Learn the basics of Search Engine Optimization. Search engine optimization (SEO) is the art and science of getting your web pages noticed by search engines like Google. SEO isn’t just for e-retailers. It’s an essential skill for anyone who markets their services on the internet. For real estate agents that means getting your website on the first page of search results when a potential client looks for agents in your area. Teaching yourself a little about SEO or working with a top SEO company can really get you noticed.
- Real estate agent direct mail. Real estate agents direct mail is still an effective way to reach potential clients, even in this digital age. One of the most effective ways to use direct mail marketing for Realtors is to send direct mail plastic postcards. These can be easily saved or posted on a potential client’s refrigerator, and they won’t fall apart like paper mailers. You can also send perforated mailers with a business card that snaps out.
- Website. If you don’t have a website, you’re missing out on a dynamic way to interact with clients and position yourself as an expert in your real estate direct mail market. To use your website to its full potential, make sure that your site has engaging, useful and easy-to-navigate content and that your site is clean and loads quickly. Your website is a great place to showcase your listings and to show the homes you have recently sold.
- Social Media. The fast pace environment of social media makes it a great place to promote and garner interest in your latest listings. You can also use these platforms to tell your potential clients more about yourself and your experience. Joining local community groups can also be helpful and position your company as a local resource.
- Video Promotions of listings. Video walk-throughs of your listings is a great tool and allows potential buyers to view a home from the privacy of their own living room. Potential buyers have become more skeptical about what they read, especially online. A video allows them to see for themselves the features of the home.
- Joining local Chamber of Commerce. Joining your local Chamber of Commerce is an affordable and very visible way to get your name out there in your community. Most chambers have networking events and publish directories of member companies. That’s often the first place other members look when they or someone they know needs a particular service.