It can be difficult to find the furniture suitable for the television and to blend in with the interior design. It should be both practical and stylish. This article presents the basic rules for choosing a TV cabinet, the existing models and ideas for a contemporary rendering.
Questions To Ask Before Buying a TV Cabinet
Here are the essential questions to ask yourself before directing your choice towards any TV cabinet model:
- How much space do you have for the new TV furniture?
- What are the dimensions and weight of the television?
- Put it down or hang it on the wall?
- Are there other electronic devices to store in the cabinet? (decoder, internet box, game consoles or DVD player).
TV Table: Favorite Materials
In order for the TV cabinet to blend in with the decor, it is necessary to choose the right material of manufacture. If the room is not yet furnished, the choice is free.
Glass in a design and contemporary living room
The glass is the material of choice to play the card of transparency and creating a TV corner design. You need to choose the best looking TV Cabinet for sale and consider about this one.
Wood and metal to design an industrial style living room
To set up an industrial living room, the choice will be a TV cabinet in metal, wood or bi-material.
Wooden furniture also creates a Zen atmosphere and decoration country style. The choice will be made between:
- The light wood, prized for its natural spirit;
- The dark wood, more chic and modern.
The Dimensions of the TV Stand
It is necessary to choose a TV cabinet, the dimensions of which are suitable for the surface of the room. The height of the support depends on that of the seat. If it is low, the TV furniture will also be low and vice versa. With a length of up to 1.80 m, it is chosen longer than the television to obtain a harmonious rendering.
Living Room Decoration: Where to Put the TV?
A harmonious living room depends in part on the location of the TV cabinet. The latter must be arranged according to the orientation of the screen. Here are the basic rules:
- Maintain a distance of at least six times the diagonal of the screen between the television and the seat (armchair or sofa);
- Release a space of at least one meter between the coffee table and the TV stand;
- Choose a place where the light is soft;
- Never place the TV cabinet in front of the windows to avoid reflections;
Position the television according to its use so that you do not have to turn your head to watch your favorite show.