Roof problems can be stressful for homeowners because it can cause a great deal of water damage. When it comes time to replace a roof, it is imperative homeowners carefully research their options to determine which material will be most beneficial. With this information, homeowners will learn why a metal roof is so beneficial for the protection of their home.
Metal Roofs Can Last a Lifetime
Metal roof materials have been around for hundreds of years, but they are now becoming more popular than ever before. There are many benefits to replacing an old roof with metal. One of the biggest benefits is the durability of the materials. With better financing options available, homeowners can more readily afford a new metal roof. The following are some more benefits of having a metal roof installed on a home.
- The average shingled roof lasts about twenty years, depending on its upkeep. A metal roof lasts significantly longer, staying durable for up to fifty years and even more. Some metal roofs have been known to last up to a hundred years.
- There are now more styles than ever before in metal roofing. Some designs include the look of traditional shingles, tiles, and even shaker styles. With so many design options, there is a look for just about every home.
- Wind resistance is of great importance when it comes to roofing materials. If wind is able to get underneath a panel, it can begin to lift and become damaged. With interlocking panels, metal roofs are wind-resistant.
- In some areas of the country, wildfires become a problem at different times of the year. Some roof materials are more prone to burning. Thankfully, metal roofing is an option. Metal roofs are fire-resistant for less risk.
- Many homeowners are surprised to learn a metal roof will keep their home more energy-efficient. Metal roofs help to keep homes cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. A reduction in energy expenditure for heating and cooling is beneficial for every homeowner.
- Another surprise benefit of metal roofing is that it is lightweight. A lightweight roofing material helps to preserve the structural integrity of the home. Some roofing materials can weigh heavy on the structural supports of construction, degrading the materials over time.
Unlock the Protective Potential of a Metal Roof
With the protective nature of metal roofing, many homeowners are having their old roofing materials removed. With a metal upgrade, homeowners will increase the value of their homes and enjoy a bigger return on investment. Metal roofs are much more durable and less likely to sustain damage.
Metal roofs are also much easier to maintain. These roofs rarely require major maintenance and do not need to be painted, for most styles. Metal roofs are available in many colors and styles. They can be placed on just about any size of home. A metal roof adds beauty to homes and can often decrease heating and cooling costs or even the cost of homeowner’s insurance. Now is an ideal time to get rid of an old roof and have a new metal one installed.