To check if the support surface is smooth, we will place the pan on a flat surface and see if it is stable. Be careful, because the base may be slightly curved outwards, it may only be two or three millimeters but that is enough for it to swing and not make good contact with the plate and a lot of energy is lost, it is not a small bun with one blow that it would be something else. With some of the best frying pan brands reviewed you will need the best options there.
What is the healthiest material for a frying pan?
Induction and ceramic pans
Depending on the type of pan, its materials, these vary greatly and offer very different qualities.
The induction pans need a layer of steel to concentrate the magnetic fields. We have to check that the pan is labeled as suitable for induction, as well as other types of light bulbs in which it can be used.
There is a new range of ceramic based pans on the market, such as PTFE coating. Some manufacturers supply the lining of the pans, although these linings can vary greatly depending on the manufacturer. There are those who take ecology more into account and opt for cleaner materials and production processes. Go for the best frying pan there now.
In any case, the production of ceramic pans requires complex manufacturing processes, since it is not easy to attach a non-stick coating to a metal base.
The basic premise when buying a frying pan is that we must bet on products that adapt to our uses.
Non-stick frying pans
The frying pans are made from different aluminum or steel alloys: enameled aluminum or cast aluminum and enamelled, glazed or stainless steel. The type of alloy used and, above all, the degree of thickness of the walls determines its weight. But if there is one thing that defines these pans it is their inner nonstick coating, often made up of three or more layers.
They are made from the same substance, polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), better known as Teflon. Discovered by a North American chemist in 1938, PTFE proved to have interesting non-stick, waterproof and thermal, chemical, mechanical, and even electrical resistance properties, with the added benefit of being an inert substance.
Thus, even in the event that any particle detached from the surface and was ingested, our body would not absorb it.
To prolong the life of the non-stick coating of a frying pan, we must be careful:
- Before brand new the pan, clean it with a soft sponge moistened with detergent. Then rinse it with hot water, dry it well and brush it with a few drops of oil or a little butter.
- After each use, repeat the previous operation ensuring that neither the scouring pad nor the detergent are abrasive, but without greasing the pan at the end.
- Avoid using metal skimmers that can scratch the surface and do not cut what you cook inside the pan.
- If the manufacturer only indicates that it is used in a gas cooker, this will be how it works best.
- The ideal is to have several pans of different sizes, which adapt to the type of stew and the number of servings.