An HDB flat has just as much interior design potential as a condo or a house; all you need are the right people for the job. Thankfully, many HDB interior design companies in Singapore have plenty of experience; it’s just a matter of which one is the best for your project and how to communicate your needs effectively and wants for your home. Here’s a quick guide to hiring an interior design company for your HDB flat.
Finding the Best Interior Design Company
Before you begin anything, an essential part of the process is ensuring that the renovation company from Singapore you choose is one that you trust and can communicate with effectively. To find the perfect interior designer for you, ask yourself the following questions:
- What kind of aesthetic do you want for your home? You’ll be able to ask this during interior design consultancy in Singapore, but you can also save time by checking their portfolio and observing their usual style. Can you envision their style for your project? If not, it’s best to move on to the next company.
- What is your budget? Different companies have different fees, determined by a variety of factors. Well-known and popular HDB interior design companies in Singapore may be more expensive, but their work can be more high-quality than less famous companies.
Communicating with Your Interior Design
Once you’ve chosen your favourite interior company, you’ll need to schedule an interior design consultancy meeting in Singapore. This meeting is when you lay out everything you’ve been thinking of for your HDB flat, and your company can either follow your orders to a T or meet you halfway and suggest their ideas. Here are a few tips to keep during the consultation so that communication and expectations are already in mind.
- Space planning will most likely be the first topic you discuss or something that has to have a meeting on its own time. Space planning involves analysing how a given space is used. Essentially, you would be discussing the function of the given area first. For example, you wouldn’t want furniture or decoration blocking your kitchen cabinets. Your interior designers will design around your room’s functionality, which is why this step is crucial.
- Your HDB interior design company in Singapore will likely draw up 2D or 3D concept art of the design they want to create for your home. This method is a great way to visualise the final result, so if you dislike anything, it’s good to point it out immediately.
- Ensure that all payment agreements are written on paper for transparency. Ask if they can provide a price breakdown, and don’t be afraid to ask them any questions in case something doesn’t seem right to you.
Are you looking for a renovation company in Singapore to fulfil the vision you have for your home? M2 Decor is an interior design firm specialising in residential, commercial, and kitchen spaces. They strive to make your living and work spaces beautiful, innovative but also practical and functional. View their past works, read their clients’ reviews, or peruse their blog with design tips by visiting their website today.