It is not so easy to choose the best movers. Despite the large number of moving companies (and there is a big choice), many clients remain dissatisfied with the quality of the services that are provided to them. In reality, unlike those commercials and other materials offered by transport companies, the level of service is not so high. This article will tell you how to choose the right transportation company, and to do it in such a way as to remain satisfied with the quality of the services.
The main problems in cooperation
Ordering the services of any transport company, one cannot ignore the human factor. The main problems faced by customers who have ordered the services of a transport company are:
- inattention of the manager who took the order: the car arrives in the wrong place and at the wrong time, that was agreed with the client;
- the client ordered a vehicle of the required carrying capacity, but a truck, according to its technical characteristics, is absolutely not suitable for the task of transporting belongings;
- company representatives begin to try to raise the cost of services higher than it was stated in the advertising materials for the client;
- the transportation of goods is carried out slower than the employees of the company claimed. As a result, the delivery of goods on time is disrupted due to the fault of the transport company.
These are just a few of the main problems that the naive client who tried to save money on what is not worth saving will face with.
Basic rules for choosing a moving company
Whether it is a long distance or local moving there are several basic rules for choosing a company:
- pay as little attention as possible to various promotional materials of the movers. It is better to focus on real feedback from real customers who have already used the services of this moving company. Reviews in the form of feedback from the website are not a 100% guarantee of the quality of services: they can be easily ordered from people who provide copywriting services. A scanned letter of thanks is a guarantee of the reality of the feedback left by the client;
- be sure to look through the information about the company’s fleet in order to choose the moving truck that suits the best for the transportation of a particular cargo. You can use the services of a company manager and ask him to choose the right vehicle. In any case, if the client wants his cargo to be transported in a truck, he has the right to demand detailed information from the company representatives about the vehicle’s serviceability;
- before choosing a company, you need to call several competing movers and ask them questions about the transportation. An indicator of the level of moving service is how managers answer questions, the general level of politeness during the conversation and sufficiently detailed answers to questions;
- a company manager must be well versed in the intricacies of cargo transportation. A reputable moving company will never hire an amateur;
- it is imperative to inquire about the company’s pricing policy, a moving quote and those promotions and bonuses that it can offer its regular customers (if cooperation is needed for a long time, and not for one transportation);
- it is also necessary to find out about the range of the geographical location of cities where the company has successfully transported belongings. The longer this distance, the higher the professionalism of the transport company employees is.
There are really many criteria for choosing the right carrier. For example, you can also ask about the company’s logistics: the cargo delivery, transport routes, the weather conditions, at what time the traffic will be carried out (there are less traffic jams at night).