Time to get some fun under the sun! With cold days over and spring just around the corner, it’s not only humans who are enjoying the warmth and lengthy days, but also pests. Coming out of their hibernation, ants, mosquitos, wasps, roaches, spiders, rats, bugs, beetles, flies, ticks, crickets, fleas and many other spring pests are becoming a source of bother.
Pests coming out!
As the temperature rises, ants are one of the first to appear. A variety of pests are also ready to come out and play as the commercial extermination barrington il. And once they reach your patios, backyard, or homes, they might insist to stay and might be hard to get rid of. Here are the pests to look out for this spring season:
- Carpenter ants – These ants can easily repopulate and infest your homes. At once, they can contaminate your food and water and can grow colonies in walls that can eat up your wirings which can be a fire hazard.
- Termites – These insects can also take your house to crumble and can cause serious property damage as they gobble up on your home.
- Mosquitoes – Their eggs also hatch in spring and after a week or so, adult mosquitoes start biting you. Mosquito bites are irritating and itchy, but we worry more about the diseases that they can bring.
- Cockroaches – They can be difficult to exterminate as they multiply so rapidly and have grown to be cross-resistant to pest control products.
- Rodents – We have grown accustomed to the fact that rodents are very filthy creatures. Worse, they carry and transmit diseases like Leptospirosis which can cause organ failure and even death.
- Wasps – Unlike bees, wasps are invasive pests that cause harm other than good. These territorial and aggressive pests can sting you repeatedly without even ceasing to die.
- Spiders – Some spiders are venomous just like the Brown Recluse and Black Widow arachnid species, whose bites are often fatal even.
- Ticks and fleas – Ticks and fleas ride on to your pets like dogs and even on humans as they gain entry into your residence, and these bloodsuckers can evcen contract Encephalitis and Lyme disease.
Goodbye, Seasonal Pests
Better safe than sorry, as they say. You can establish preventive measures to fight against springtime pestilence. For instance, keep your food stocks properly lidded, as well as your garbage cans. You should also steer clear from stagnant water containers, gutters, and downspouts. Mosquito barrier treatments are available as well for the speedy extermination of these creatures. Additionally, seal as many crevices as you can, so as to deny these tiny critters entry into your homes. Also, don’t forget to take care of the external parts of your homes as much as you do with the internal.
Precautionary methods can mitigate the devastation that these seasonal creatures bring about. Most importantly, get your homes inspected by pest control professionals and eliminate all types of seasonal pests and invasive pests in your yard, attic, living room, or any area in your home.