When an accident occurs, you are more likely to find blood spills or other body matters at the scene, which if not properly handled may lead to serious consequences and health hazards. Blood spills, which can be classified as a biohazard, poses a serious threat as they can serve as a breeding ground for bloodborne pathogens such as hepatitis B and HIV. The fact that blood spill is a carrier of these pathogens makes it very dangerous to be handled inappropriately and as such a proper blood spill cleanup service is required to get rid of blood spill from the environment. By using a blood spill cleanup service, you can be sure of your surrounding or the area affected by the blood spill being returned to its safe and livable condition.
When Do You Need A Blood Spill Cleanup Service?
Environments in which biohazards occur usually comes with health and safety challenges. When a blood spill occurs it usually comes with a high risk of bloodborne pathogens. It is therefore important that such blood spills be handled by professionals who have undergone the necessary training and show expertise in such areas. This would ensure that at the end of the cleanup process, the area is restored to a perfect state. Hence, whenever a blood spill occurs, you should call a professional cleanup company immediately.
Procedures for a Blood Spill Cleanup
The steps which would be carried out by the blood spill clean-up service will ensure that the affected areas are completely cleared of all traces of blood and other biological materials. The procedure for a blood spill cleanup is extremely thorough to ensure that at the end of the cleanup, the affected areas are completely free of pathogens. Here are the steps involved in a blood spill cleanup
- Equip: Before handling a blood cleanup, you must equip yourself with the appropriate tools and personal protective equipment. Your personal protective equipment includes your gloves, protective gown, and eyewear. It is important that you equip yourself in case a splash occurs during the cleanup.
- Access: After equipping yourself, you have to access the extent of the spill.
- Control: This step is important as it prevents contamination of other areas. It would ensure that the area of contamination is contained during the cleanup process. It entails separating the area of contamination from other areas.
- Removal: After securing the area, you can now go on to remove all visible traces of blood. Also, broken glasses and other biological materials should be removed.
- Clean: The next step is to clean the area thoroughly. This is followed by disinfecting the area with an appropriate disinfectant. A deodorizer is also used to get rid of odors gotten from the blood spill and the cleanup process.
- Check: This is the last step. Double-check to see if they’ve done a perfect job.
No other professional can handle this cleaning task better than a blood spill cleanup service.